As we have explained in other articles on this blog, acupuncture consists of inserting very fine needles into the skin at strategic points in the body to treat pain.
According to traditional Chinese Medicine, acupuncture balances the flow of energy or life force, known as “chi” or “qi”, which is believed to flow through channels in the body.
According to the Mayo Clinic, one of the most recognized in the world, acupuncture is mainly used to relieve symptoms such as:
- Chemotherapy-induced and postoperative nausea and vomiting
- Dental pain
- Headaches, including tension headaches and migraines
- Labor pains
- Pain in the lower back
- Neck Pain
- Period pains
- Respiratory disorders, such as allergic rhinitis
- Tennis elbow
It is also a valid option when freeing the human body from stress, anxiety and even to cure some diseases.
Hence, other proven benefits of this technique are the minimization of allergic reactions, strengthening of the immune system, reduction of snoring, and support the process of quitting smoking.
But it is important to say this technique is very delicate. It cannot be done by anyone without adequate preparation and experience, so today we are going to talk about some aspects that should be considered before being treated with acupuncture.
How to choose your acupuncturist?
- Ask for recommendations from trusted people who have already received this technique and have obtained good results. How was the experience? Who attended them and where?
- Ask for an interview with the acupuncturist before or call the wellness center and clarify all your doubts. You can ask what the treatment is, how likely it is to help your condition, and what the cost is.
- And finally, but most importantly, check the credentials and training of the acupuncturist. In Canada, the acupuncturist must be duly registered.
HealFlow has a registered acupuncturist for your wellness
At HealFlow, we have an experienced acupuncturist named Thomas Sniedzins.
Thomas is a registered Chinese Medicine Practitioner and Acupuncturist. He graduated from the College of Traditional Chinese Medicine Practitioners and Acupuncturists of Ontario. He was educated in Toronto’s Eight Branches of Eastern Medicine to develop a strong foundation in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), and now continuing education at the Ontario Academy of Progressive Osteopathy, his unique approach integrates empirical knowledge with modern research and understanding to maximize the effectiveness of treatment.
Thomas uses acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, and Tui-Na manual therapy to get his patients out safely and effectively of pain and back to health.
His treatment consists in treating stress and emotional imbalances, pain relief and injuries, headaches and migraines, irregular and painful periods, fertility and inducing labour, as well as many other conditions.
Thomas believes Acupuncture excels at returning the body to a balanced state with all systems functioning properly, eliminating disease through the body’s health.
If you are thinking of receiving your first acupuncture session, we recommend doing it with Thomas. Contact us to schedule the appointment.
At HealFlow we will be happy to help you achieve an optimal state of health and well-being.