At HealFlow Wellness Centre we work with the best professional massage therapists team, because we are committed with improving your health and well-being. In addition, we are a serious company committed to guaranteeing the best experience for those who visit us in Summerhill-Toronto.
All our massage therapists are registered with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario (CMTO).
Let us remember that the CMTO is the body that protects the public interest by guaranteeing the competence and quality of care that massage therapists provide to clients, for their safety and integrity.
It is important to clarify that all RMTs in Ontario must be registered with the CMTO. Otherwise, they cannot practice massage therapy in Ontario.
What is a Registered Massage Therapist?
They are professionals who have received hundreds of hours of training, have passed written and practical exams, and adhere to the Law of Regulated Health Professionals, with civil liability insurance.
That is, an RMT has completed a 2 year program at a recognized school of massage therapy. For that reason, he/she is knowledgeable in physiology, anatomy, neurology, pathology, and physical evaluations.
He/she also had to pass a practice entrance exam, which ensures that he/she has the necessary competencies to offer massage therapy services effectively and safely.
Characteristics of Registered Massage Therapists
- They are trained at a recognized massage therapy school
- They passed exams to ensure you have the necessary skills to deliver massage therapy care safely and effectively
- They maintain high professional standards and quality of care.
- They must participate in a Quality Assurance program with the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario.
- They are accountable to the College of Massage Therapists of Ontario for grievance processes and disciplinary action if the services they provide do not meet standards of practice.
- They can provide a receipt that may be accepted by your extended health benefits plan for reimbursement.
What type of treatment can a Registered Massage Therapist provide?
In short, a RTM is trained to accurately assess and treat techniques including massage and manual therapy, joint mobilization, hydrotherapy, and rehabilitative exercises such as stretching, strengthening, postural exercises, and patient education.
For that reason, an RMT can relieve a wide range of conditions, such as migraine headaches, tendonitis, arthritis, osteoporosis, fibromyalgia, and sports injuries. It can also treat common conditions related to soft tissue and joint dysfunction.
Our RMTs regularly update their knowledge through continuing education credits (CEUs) to ensure they provide the best care while maintaining high standards of professionalism and ethics.
At HealFlow Wellness Centre we are committed to restoring and maintaining optimal health and pain-free body function through innovative treatments and historically proven practices. Contact us and schedule your appointment now.