Have you been struggling with your sleep recently? Do you suffer from insomnia? Are you constantly waking up during the night and troubled by interrupted sleep? These sleep-related conditions can be resolved by using Acupuncture Treatment and Chinese Medicine.
Read below to learn everything you need to know about the importance of sleep, the benefits of acupuncture, and how you can book acupuncture in Toronto.
The importance of sleep
A healthy sleep schedule is one of the most critical factors in your overall health and well-being. It’s as essential a process to your body as eating, drinking, and even breathing. If you’re not sleeping well, your body will quickly show the effects.
Sleep enables your body to rest, repair, and prepare for the next day. Without a consistent good night’s sleep, your overall health will suffer because the lack of recuperation time affects you physically and mentally.
What are the benefits of sleeping properly?
Sleeping well provides many benefits for your body and mental health. When your body is getting enough rest at night, your immune system has a chance to bulk up, and your overall health will improve. Other benefits include:
- Maintaining a healthy weight
- Enjoying a more regulated immune system
- Improve brain function with increased concentration and productivity levels
- Maximizing your exercise, training, and athletic performance
- Promoting heart health
- Increasing your metabolism and decreasing the risk of diabetes
- Alleviating your mood and battling depression
- Reducing harmful inflammation
- Elevating your emotional state
- Developing healthier relationships with friends and family
Getting a good night’s sleep is an essential ingredient to leading a healthy, productive lifestyle and will help you to avoid health issues and illness.
How many hours should you sleep each night?
The importance of sleep is undeniable. The amount of sleep you need each night depends on a range of factors and will differ from person to person. However, a good amount to aim for is seven to eight hours a night. Pay attention to how tired and run down you feel during the day and adjust your sleep plan accordingly. If you find that seven hours isn’t enough, then increase it to eight or nine.
After a busy day at work, you may be tempted to binge-watch television shows, catch up on social media, or play video games. When it’s time to sleep, you should turn off all your devices and head to bed. A healthy, regular sleep pattern is essential for remaining physically well and will help to protect your mental health.
What are the causes of not sleeping well?
There are varied reasons you may find it challenging to sleep at night. Perhaps you wake up several times during the night. Consider the following reasons that might be contributing to your restless nights:
- Too much caffeine. We live in a coffee-obsessed culture, but you should limit your caffeine intake if you want to sleep well. Do not drink coffee in the evenings, and avoid it in the afternoons if you can.
- Stimulating movies, tv shows, and games before bed. Entertainment can be an enjoyable part of your leisure time but make sure to restrict the number of hours. Don’t force yourself to stay awake to watch more episodes, and try not to play exciting or anxiety-inducing games before bed.
- Disrupted sleep patterns. If you sleep too much during the day or don’t have a regulated sleep pattern, your body will be less primed to relax at night. To help your body and mind get ready for bed, you should have a regular bedtime and a calming ritual you follow each evening, so your brain and body begin to wind down as you get ready to sleep.
How can Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine help you sleep better?
The principles of Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine state that your body’s energy flow (the Qi) travels through your body via passageways called meridians. When these passageways become blocked, your body and nervous system become unbalanced, leading to ill health, stress, insomnia, and anxiety.
Acupuncture treatment can help to unblock the energy flow of your body. You will be calmer, less anxious, and have lower stress and pain levels. All these benefits of acupuncture will contribute to a better night’s sleep.
Where can you book acupuncture in Toronto?
Contact us today if you would like to book a relaxing acupuncture session with a trained, expert practitioners at Healflow. We’ll guide you through the entire process, answer all your questions, and make sure you leave your visit relaxed, calm, and ready for a good night’s sleep.